Oh the apple fritters… I don’t know you but at us it is a pastry in taste of childhood, that the whole family enjoys. The season of apples is back then it was a party for compotes, tarts, tatin, baked apples & Co but also the slippers (even if you have cold feet, not the slippers eh !!!). And then the apple turnovers it is still ultra simple to perform, it will only take 5 ingredients ! Here is a version of apple/raspberry that I propose to you, then yes, it is true, then it is already the end of the season of raspberries, but don’t panic, if you don’t find more of the fresh, you can use frozen (I promised to not say anything because I myself used for the photo !). For foodies who can’t wait, the apple fritters are to enjoy the still warm and yes, it is even better !
The version of the day is vegan with a puff pastry margarine and a gilt plant milk, but you are free to choose a flaky pastry pure butter and brown the egg. Has your furnace, it warms !!!
Apple turnovers and raspberry
For 8/10 slippers Save Print Ingredients
- 1 dough puff 250 g (without butter for me)
- 4 apples
- 250 g of raspberries
- Brown sugar
- The milk plant
- Start with the compote. To do this, peel and cut the apples into pieces and place in a saucepan with the raspberries and a tablespoon of water. Let cook on medium heat and covered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time. Let it cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 220°.
- Cut the puff pastry, spread out over 3 mm rectangles of 8 cm by 20 cm.
- Wet the edges of the dough with a brush and then add the compote on one half of dough, leaving free the edges. Close the dumpling, pressing down firmly on the edges in order to weld the dough. Do the same with the rest of the slippers and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bask the pulp plant milk and then nick-nicely. Finish by dusting slippers of brown sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.