It’s been so long that I wanted to try out a recipe of baked apples and I chose, for this version, to make her a beautiful dress.
When I got home last Thursday, I went to the little organic market located just next to me, and the apples were again on the shelves. They were so pretty that I said to myself that it was the perfect time for me to whip up a little apple in the oven in order to initiate a smooth reentry. In fact, to be honest, I am just starting my holiday, but hey, that’s another story…
For this recipe, I stuffed my apples to good things and they have slowly baked in the oven in a crust of pie dough. At the end, they were nearly entrust to us and well caramelized. Really too too good ! It just needs to happen to keep from eating it right away to not burn, but it smelled so good throughout the house that I assure you it was hard ! There is nothing like a good baked apple as a dessert or snack ! It has something comforting and regressive.
For 4-Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 250 g of flour
- 8 cl of oil
- 8 cl of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of seeds of poppies (optional)
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 4 small apples
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- cinnamon powder
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- icing sugar for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, oil, water and a pinch of salt.
- Stir quickly until obtaining a homogeneous ball of dough. If the dough is too sticky add a little flour if it is too dry add a little water.
- Otherwise, you can also use a roll of pastry dough.
- Flour your work surface and roll out the dough until it is fine. Cut long strips of 2 centimeters wide.
- Peel and coarsely the apples, and empty inside.
- Pour 1 teaspoon maple syrup inside each apple and add a pinch of cinnamon per apple.
- Wrap the pie dough in a spiral around the apple and leave a little hole on the top.
- Peel off gently the top of the strip in a spiral to form a ‘lace’.
- Drop the apple in a baking dish covered with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, remove the apples from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, for garnish, just before serving.
- Do you throw everything away on your dessert, or you may burn them… 😉
With these beautiful apples, I could almost try white snow, don’t you think !? In all cases, were excellent, with a chair farm is sweet at the same time. As well enjoy it because we are in the middle of the season of apples, so good baked apple in the oven…