There are a lot of versions of baklava, walnut, pistachio… For this first test, I chose to make a recipe of Baklava with almonds and chocolate.
Good, for a first, this is not so bad at all but I have to admit that the baklawa with nuts evil sister-in-law who is Armenian-Russian was more than to fall to the ground and much better. But I have to tell you that it peels off downright nuts !! Some crazy stuff to do but eat, it is an absolute success !! Well, if one day I make one with it, I promise, I will share it here… In the meantime, I leave you with my Baklava with almonds and chocolate…
Baklava almond and chocolate
For 10 For a plate of 25 x 15 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 packet of sheets of filo pastry (8 to 10 sheets 250 g)
- 20 to 25 whole almonds
- 250 g of almond powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g of powdered sugar or 70 g brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange flower water
- 300 g of honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 100 g butter + 10 g to butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to heat to 160°.
- Cut the sheets of filo pastry dough to get 20 rectangles that can cover the bottom of the dish expected (approximately 15 x 25 cm).
- Melt in a bain-marie 10 g of butter with the chocolate, then mix them in a bowl with the almond powder, the sugar, the orange flower water, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Melt 100 g of butter and then keep it nearby, on the work table.
- With a brush, grease the dish with butter and then install a rectangle of dough. Brush and and repeat with layering 6 rectangles.
- Divide half of batter with almonds and tamp a bit using a spatula.
- Install 6 new rectangles of filo pastry by brushing each time with butter.
- Spread the rest of the preparation.
- Superimpose the 8 rectangles of dough remaining basting the last two with the melted butter, added 1 teaspoon of honey. Pour what remains over the top.
- Prick entire surface of pastry with a toothpick.
- Pre-mark the cut in diamond shapes with a knife.
- Drop an almond on each diamond and brush each with the brush still loaded with fat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then 5 minutes at 180°. This should brown but do not brown.
- Before the end of cooking, do liquefy the honey remaining in the pot already used by heating it up to a simmer, with 5 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon of orange flower water and a big pinch of cinnamon.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour the honey syrup to spoon over the top.
- Let it cool down. The sheets may curl a little on the top but it will take its place.
- After 24 hours, the incision is made over by passing several times with a knife by following the paths in diamonds.
- And here, you can enjoy or stored for a few days, they will only be the best…