I had never posted a recipe for beans on this blog so for this first one, I propose you a bean salad borlotti, tomato, toast and pesto to be enjoyed hot or cold, according to your desire.
This is the full season beans so as to enjoy it fully !
You know, beans borlotti, what are those big white beans that are spotted pink-purple. There are a lot like marbles when they are raw. And then, this bean salad borlotti will be a great way to enjoy the taste of sun dried tomatoes that I proposed a few days ago…
For me, the beans, whatever they are, but especially greens and white beans, it reminds me of childhood memories…
Each year, we used to go and spend 2 weeks at my grand-mother, in the Charentes-Maritimes. Has the belle époque, she had a huge vegetable garden and brought sometimes the whole bucket of beans. Suddenly, we were in the shade of the plum trees and spent a long time chatting and shelling the beans before you eat in the days that followed, or jars. I really loved these little family moments, and simple…
Bean salad borlotti, tomato, toast with pesto and
For 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of beans borlotti shelled
- 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes confit
- 50 g of feta cheese
- 2 handfuls of sunflower seeds
- FOR THE PESTO SAUCE
- 10 beautiful basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Prepare the sauce in advance.
- In the bowl of a muddler, place the basil and pine nuts then crush gently.
- Then pour into a bowl, add the grated parmesan, pepper and olive oil, and mix well. Book.
- Cook beans shelled for 40 minutes in water with salt then drain.
- Then add the tomatoes, the feta cheese cut into small pieces and sprinkle the sunflower seeds.
- Pour the pesto over the top, mix and enjoy.