Stew… do you find that this word is not very ragoûtant ?! Anyway, it’s still pretty darn good beef stew… and as the summer is not here yet (one would have to believe it, I even caught a big sunburn this weekend !), you can still eat is kind of small dish comforting ! The meat cooked slowly and long in the slow cooker (and yes, more is long, more it is good ! We talk about the cooking of the meat, of course, I’m sure you guessed !), result : meat that is tender and tasty perfection. The quantities given are deliberately gargantuan for two, because this is the kind of dish that we don’t cook every day (yes, due to the time of cooking)… and then the beef stew, it is even better warmed up !
Anyway, if you have, you can always concoct a good shepherd’s pie… yes this dish of our childhood, kids will love it… yummy !
For 6 persons Save Print Ingredients
- 1 kg of chicken of beef
- 1 large box of peeled tomatoes in juice
- 20 cl of broth of beef
- 20 cl of red wine
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Snip the onion and press the garlic cloves and sauté all in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut the chicken into large cubes and add to the onion. Sauté 5 minutes over high heat, leaving the meat clinging to the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle with flour, mix well and then add the broth. Scrape a little of the bottom of the Dutch oven in order to recover the juices.
- Then add the tomatoes, wine, bay leaves, thyme and the carrots previously cut into slices.
- Let simmer, covered over low heat for 2 hours 30 mins minimum.
- Season at the end of cooking.
Serve with good fresh pasta, a great bit of Parmesan and a few leaves of rocket.