I dedicate a certain fascination for citrus, and I have to say that as soon as I come across a specimen different from the lemon, I throw myself over ! This is the case for these lovely bergamots found on the shelves of the grocery store organic, that I immediately wanted to turn them into curd. So yes, it is often confused bergamot and citron beldi but with a little practice you will quickly the difference (the fault of the market, who appoint two ” bergamot “, but there are the true and the false !). In short, this little bergamot curd is tangy as it should be and bergamot we immediately transports elsewhere (and hop on a culinary journey !) and the icing on the cake a lemon on the curd this version is without milk and gluten-free.
Use as you see fit, as in this layer cake of pancakes, or simply enjoyed by the spoonful, but I’m preparing a small recipe in addition to the case !!!
To 1 pot Save Print Ingredients
- 65 g of sugar cane
- 30 g of coconut oil deodorized
- 20 g of margarine plant
- 2 eggs
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- The juice and rind of a bergamot
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Beat the eggs in omelet in a cul de poule and then add the juice and zest of the bergamot and the lemon and the cornstarch. Put the bottom of the pool in the water bath on high heat and whisk until thickened (this takes about 15 minutes to the time that the preparation rises in temperature). Add off the heat the coconut oil and margarine, mix well.
- Pour the preparation in a pot and then refrigerate 2 hours before serving.