A few weeks ago, when I saw a Cake chocolate meringue on the blog of Dorian Cuisine, I told myself that it was absolutely essential that I test for my birthday, which is today ! And yes, I celebrate my 30 years !!!
I keep coming back to my recipe, because if you have already clicked on the link to go see the cake that inspired me, you do not see the similarity… And yes, because I do not really follow a recipe, it’s the worst when even saw that I write myself. So, this recipe is made in 2 times, the cake, and then the meringue. I, of course, be adapted to each of these steps to my sauce, what has worked well, but that did no, it was not given the expected result ! I don’t know what took me, but for the meringue, I put all the ingredients in the bowl of my (new !) robot, that I got for my birthday and that I was too happy to use it for the first time (I’ll talk…). It must be the excitement of use my robot pastry for the first time ! In the End, it did not give a meringue (really !?), but a second basis for the chocolate, delicious, by the way.
We are still delighted with this birthday cake melting chocolate to perfection, and it is for this reason that I share this recipe with you.
Birthday cake chocolate
8 Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE FIRST LAYER
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 150 g of salted butter
- 90 g of “vergeoise” sugar (or cane sugar)
- 2 eggs + 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 50 g of flour
- 20 g of cornflour
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- FOR THE SECOND LAYER
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon of rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon of Cornflour
- 10 g of cocoa powder
- Begin by preparing the first layer of the cake.
- Place the pieces of dark chocolate and diced butter in a saucepan and melt in a bain-marie, stir well and then leave to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 160°
- In a bowl, pour the 2 eggs, the 2 yellow and the “vergeoise” sugar in a bowl and whisk everything until the mixture is well sparkling and smooth.
- Then add the chocolate and the melted butter and mix gently.
- Add the sifted flour and 20 g of Cornstarch with the baking powder and mix again gently.
- Butter your cake mold, or missed by about 24cm in diameter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in an oven for 30 minutes. Then pull the pan and let cool.
- During cooking the cake, prepare the 2nd layer.
- Whisk the egg whites on medium speed with the sugar, the Cornstarch, the cocoa powder and the vinegar and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour this mixture over the cake cool and then bake in your oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Then leave the cake at room temperature for twenty minutes, then enjoy warm or wait until it is completely cold… Finish the decoration by sprinkling it lightly with cocoa and icing sugar.
Inspiration from the birthday Cake chocolate : Dorian Cuisine