And here is the second part of our recipes for Christmas, recipe for appetizer for what could be better than good small things to nibble on waiting for father Christmas ?! And then, there’s not really aperitif Christmas without blinis, but here we are not talking about blinis with salmon, non, non, non ! I present to you, therefore, blinis with beetroot, accompanied by a whipped cream and horseradish, which I am sure will surprise and please all. In addition, if I tell you it is super simple and quick to make, for sure you will never buy blinis, all done, no more ever, it is I who say to you !!!
So yes, I must confess something, one does not feel not a lot the flavour of the beetroot in the blinis but it gives a pretty color pink and it, it will be a nice effect on the Christmas table !
Blinis with beetroot and horseradish chantilly
For a thirty minis Save Print Ingredients
- 150 g flour T65
- 30 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 20 cl of mashed beet
- 8 cl of milk
- 1 sachet of chemical yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 25 cl of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dished horseradish cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- FOR THE DECO
- The rocket
- 1 beet chioggia
- Put the flour and the yeast in a bowl, make a well and add the egg yolks, the butter and the mashed beetroot and mix.
- Then add the milk gradually.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt and then add to the dough.
- Bake the minis blinis in an oiled skillet until exhaustion of the paste.
- Leave to cool and prepare the whipped cream horseradish, to do this, beat the cream well cold whipped cream and add the horseradish with the help of a spatula. Adjust the seasoning if needed and put the chantilly in a pastry bag.
- Pochez a bit of whipped cream on the blinis just before serving and garnish with a leaf of arugula and a slice of beetroot chioggia.