A Bo bun for the chicken this is a recipe that I love to prepare, especially in summer, by its freshness, flavors, and travel memories that it evokes me. I actually almost 1 time per month during the beautiful days… It is a mixture of hot and cold really delicious, with a combination of vegetables, meat, marinated, noodles, not to mention the small spring rolls and a good sauce… For those who wants to, is the bo bun chicken can be enjoyed cold, just. In lunch box, for example, it is a treat !
I still have to tell you that I discovered during my trip in Vietnam call this recipe bo bun was not in fact correct… In fact, in vietnamese ‘bo’ means beef, so this is not really fair to call this dish bo bun with chicken…, we will catch up later… The real name would be rather Gà bun, but hey, I didn’t know that.
Do not take any fear in looking at the list of ingredients, this is not at all complicated and it is just enough to go in a grocery store, an asian, and you will find everything you need ! The result is well worth it !!
Bo bun chicken
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 2 chicken cutlets (or turkey)
- 12 lettuce leaves (type batavia)
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 2 carrots
- 6 to 8 spring rolls
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g rice vermicelli
- 6 stalks of mint
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of peanuts
- 1 pinch of pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE (you can also buy ready-made)
- 8 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- Cisaillez the chicken into small cubes, and marinate in the fresh curry, garlic, pepper and soy sauce (at least 30 minutes).
- During this time, prepare the sauce. Boil all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- For the noodles, boil a good pan of water. Immerse the vermicelli for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and store them by the handful.
- Cut the salad into strips and grate the carrots.
- Fry the spring rolls and cut into small pieces.
- Brown the meat in a little oil, heat to very high and very briefly : the meat should be just entering, to keep it tender.
- Serve in large bowls : start with the salad, the carrots, the soy, and then the vermicelli.
- Place the spring rolls cut in small pieces and the meat.
- You can decorate with the chopped coriander, mint and some peanuts crushed.
- Drizzle with sauce and your Bo bun with chicken is ready !