Make a cake recipe full of healthy, potentially vegan, this is what I really want. Okay, I have to confess that it soon became a bit of a mess this story of the cake vegan. A too fat, a that didn’t want to climb…well, anyway… but after some modifications, I’ve finally found a texture that I liked. Good then it is sure, it is not as lightweight and slipping a brioche butter-classic, it is more dense and more filling, too, but the taste is really there.
The olive oil brings this little extra touch and goes perfectly with the dried apricots, then no do not change for an oil to be more neutral because it would be a shame. I was myself surprised by the taste, I who had never tested for brioche with olive oil.
Brioche full of olive oil to the dough, apricots
For 6 people Save Print Ingredients
- 500 g of flour whole wheat
- 100 g of sugar
- 1/3 of a glass of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp of sourdough dehydrated or 2 sachets yeast
- 300 g dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tbsp cold water (optional)
- Put the yeast with 2 teaspoons of warm water and let stand for 10 minutes, it is not necessary if you use the sourdough.
- Put the flour, the sugar, the salt and the olive oil in a bowl. Add the yeast and knead for 10 minutes to obtain a nice dough elastic (add a little cold water if needed).
- Leave the dough to rest, covered, in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Dégazez the dough with your fist and lay it out in a rectangular shape about 5 mm thick. Add the apricots on the dough and roll up from the long side.
- Then, cut the coil in lengths of about 5 cm and arrange on a baking sheet or in a baking pan of your choice.
- Let stand, covered, about 30 min.
- Bake the cake in a cold oven and bake at 200° for 30 minutes.
Enjoy warm out of the oven it is even better !!!