The time of the Battle Food rang, and today it is Dorian who offers us a floor on the theme ” furiously marbled “. For this I chose to present you with a brioche marbled with not chocolate (even though the temptation gourmet was great !!!), but with the syrup of Liège. What, you do not know the Liège syrup ?! This syrup that comes from our Belgian friends, is a reduction of fruit (apples and pears), which gives a kind of molasses-thick with the taste of dates and licorice (it is only my personal opinion !). And then as this is the feast (youhou ), the brioche is doubly marbled, inside with the syrup, and to the outside with a white frosting (that is so cute….) !
And today is also a day special to me because Mini-Mademoiselle is 6 months old…(moment of nostalgia…)… 6 months that it fills us with happiness and brightens our days with her little sweet face… yes we are gagas !
Brioche marbled with Liège syrup
For a cake Save Print Ingredients
- 250 g of flour bise
- 125 g of butter
- 3 eggs + 1 yellow
- 1 sachet of baker’s yeast
- 15 g of sugar
- 2 g of salt
- 150 g of syrup of Liège
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 c. c. milk
- Mix the yeast with 2 tablespoons warm water, let stand 10 min
- Put the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the yeast. Work the dough between your fingers and stir in the 3 eggs previously beaten, the sugar and the salt. Knead the dough, stretch it and then add gradually the butter in pieces. Knead the brioche dough until it comes off of the bowl. You can transfer on the workplan for ease of use.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place and covered during 1 time 30 minutes.
- Dégazez the dough with the fist and then lay it out on a map floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread on top of the syrup of liege and then roll the dough into a coil. Have the cake in a rectangular mold type cake pan and then let it again rise to cover the time that the cake have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Bask in the egg yolk and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and the milk and then marbled the cake with.
Good brioche !