What a pumpkin …! I do you had not proposed a version of butternut squash stuffed !!! And yet, I have to say that this squash really my favorite, because, yes, with her little sweet taste, I think she is by far my favorite. After you have prepared it in a cake with squash during the holidays, cake which by the way is killer (what you have not tried it yet ?!!!), here is a savory version and stuffed. Every week I put at least one pumpkin in my shopping cart on the market (when it is not two or three different varieties !!!) and this week it was butternut squash, which goes to the pot (finally in the oven !).
If you do not yet know the moughrabieh go for it, it is a semolina a little bigger than couscous, which comes to us straight from the middle east. It is not the first time that I the kitchen on the blog return to see the salad moughrabieh !
Butternut squash stuffed with mougrabieh
To 2 persons Save Print Ingredients
- 1 butternut squash medium
- 150 g of moughrabieh
- 2 Toulouse sausages
- 50 cl chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 2 mushrooms of Paris
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and then arrange, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- During this time, snip the onion and mushrooms and put them to sweat in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from sausages and cut into pieces, add to the onion, stir well and jump all over high heat 5 minutes.
- Then add the moughrabieh and thyme, and moisten gradually with the broth as for a risotto. Let cook over medium heat, until the broth is completely absorbed and the moughrabieh is cooked (it can be that you’re going to need a bit more broth to finish the cooking). Adjust the seasoning and then add the Espelette pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven and stuff with the mixture. Serve without delay.