Today, we are regaled with a delicious cake normand with apple and caramel sauce, I can even specify you caramel sauce, yes, but the buttery, salty !! The apple cake is a classic, but this one is much better than the other ! Why ? It is obvious, it is topped with this delicious caramel sauce and topped with a small cap of rum ! ��
I can tell you that this cake is absolutely delicious because I’ve tested it several times before you suggest it, yes, at times, it is necessary to be really sure ! No, but without joke, I had bought so many apples at the small market next to me, he has had to eat…
I must also say that I’m too proud of myself because I had never managed to make my caramel sauce with salted butter. Everyone (or almost) would say to me, ” but if it is super easy to do. Yes, ben me, I couldn’t do it… This time (after many attempts), I found THE recipe and it is inrat ! I’ve even eaten it with a spoon to finish… Finally, the apple cake was perhaps just an excuse to sample this caramel sauce and salted butter… �� In any case, you tell me the news…
Cake normand, apples and caramel
To 8 Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE CAKE
- 4 beautiful apples
- 50 g of soft butter
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- 3 eggs
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 50 g of cornflour
- 100 g of flour
- 1 sachet of chemical yeast
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 170 g of powdered sugar
- 110 g of butter with salt crystals
- 20 cl of liquid cream full
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 210°.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar. Beat well until the mixture is fluffy. Add the flour and the cornflour. Beat always.
- Stir in the baking powder and sour cream.
- Peel and cut the apples into thin slices and butter, fry them.
- Put it in the dough and pour into a buttered pan.
- Sprinkle the top with vanilla sugar and bake for 30 minutes.
While the cake is in the oven, you can prepare your caramel sauce and salted butter
- In a saucepan, gently melt the butter and the sugar, stirring well and constantly with the aid of a spatula.
- Wait until the caramel cools and thickens.
- During this time, warm the cream in another saucepan.
- At the end of 5 minutes, the caramel begins to form. When it starts to turn brown (but not too dark), remove the pan from the heat and pour slowly the cream warm while continuing to stir briskly.
- Let cool and then pour into pots and on your share of the cake according to your taste.
- One can never know the consistency of the caramel before it is completely cold…