I don’t know about you, but I love cannelloni ! I do regularly but I’d never put on the blog. However, if I have to blame something for these pastas is that sometimes, even after cooking, they are still quite hard and it is not always nice when it bites and gets stuck between the teeth. �� For this recipe for cannelloni ricotta spinach and tomato sauce, so I experimented with a simple trick, and it works perfectly !
I just prepared the day before and have left it overnight in a cool place. The result was at the top, with pasta, well, fluffy and textures perfect. Perfumes were even better developed than usual. So I think this will be my new way to make my cannelloni ! In addition, it can be pretty convenient in some cases to prepare them in advance, when it receives from the world at home…
Cannelloni ricotta spinach and tomato sauce
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of grated cheese (type comté, gruyère, parmesan)
- FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (800 g) or 500 g of tomato coulis
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 pinches of rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of pepper
- FOR THE STUFFING
- 20 cannelloni (about)
- 150 g of fresh spinach
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 pinch of powdered nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- First of all prepare your tomato sauce, such as this, it can simmer while you take care of the cannelloni.
- In a fact-everything, pour a drizzle of olive oil and lightly sauté the chopped onion and the garlic in a hurry. Then add the chopped tomatoes, the rosemary and the pepper. Season with salt and pepper and simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, sauté the 2 cloves of pressed garlic in a little olive oil with the nutmeg. Discard then add the leaves of fresh spinach, and stir quickly and then remove them from the fire. Don’t leave them too long because otherwise there will remain to you no big deal…
- Place it on a board to cut and chop coarsely using a sharp knife.
- Mix well with the ricotta cheese and begin to stuff it gently the cannelloni.
- Drop to the bottom of a baking dish and pour the tomato sauce over the top. Divide the grated cheese on the dish. From my side, I used a mixture of comté and parmesan.
- To bake, preheat your oven to 180° and bake for 30 minutes. If the cheese is not well grilled, you can extend a little cooking.
- Prepared the night before and reserved the costs before cooking, these cannelloni will only be the best !
This dish is so perfect for the weather today ! I have just a little ‘balls’ (excuse me the term !), but I return just of holidays and now I am pat of the rain, and the rain and the rain… I was on vacation in Ireland and we have had a time at the top, just 1/2h of rain in 2 weeks ! What’s the point of living in the south of the France !?
At least, this time to an advantage, it allows me to put a little in the kitchen and on the blog instead of going to read a book in a park for my last days of rest…
Long live the cannelloni ricotta spinach, and their perfect little coulis of tomato sauce !! �� Treat yourself well, healthily and with ease…