Lo and behold, I made my first carrot cake and it was on the occasion of the birthday of my man ! I could taste a lot of times, but a few weeks ago (even a few months), an american friend, Nancy-Kate, we made a carrot cake to fall to the ground. I think I can say that it is the best that I have ever eaten. Suddenly, neither one, nor two, I asked him for his recipe and I share it with you.
It is a good and true carrot cake with frosting, and yes, if not, this is not a real carrot cake ! Good, as my usual, I’ve not been able to prevent me from changing a few little things in the recipe. In particular, I added pecans and and away a little of the sugar in the cake and the frosting, which isn’t a bad thing, because there are already not bad… ��
Carrot cake – carrot Cake
To 8 For a mold of 22 cm of diameter Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of flour
- 150 g of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda food
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 150 g vegetable oil
- 3 or 4 large carrots, grated
- 100 g of walnuts of pecans chopped (keep in a dozen whole for decoration)
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 230 g of cream cheese / cream cheese type Philadelphia
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- In a bowl, mix well all dry ingredients.
- Mix together the oil and eggs and then mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the grated carrots and mix.
- Pour in a dish previously buttered and floured.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the cake is golden brown. Check the cooking with a knife, it is necessary that the blade is dry when it emerges from the cake.
- Take out and leave to cool.
- Turn out the cake carefully and cut it into 2 in height.
- For the glaze mix well the ingredients together.
- Put a layer of frosting on the bottom cake and place the second half over.
- Divide the end of the frosting on top, or the sides of the cake and decorate with nuts of pecans remaining.
I took step by step pictures for cutting and frosting of the carrot cake, it is easier to visualize even if there is nothing complicated, it just needs to be cut straight and be a regular…
If you missed my tutorial folding napkins for Christmas in the shape of a christmas tree, you can find it : here is the tutorial !!