After the tomatoes, I tested roasted carrots, and candied in the oven. For this, I used carrots, new purple, they are deliciously scented and with a true taste of carrots ! I love the effect it made, this is not at all common and so, it was super nice to serve. I love these carrots, these carrots multi-colored…
It is always fun to serve this type of dish and observe the reactions of people who do not know what kind of vegetables… Yes, I know, I often use my guests as guinea pigs. ��
These carrots were a perfect accompaniment to white fish in the court bouillon or grilled meats, but they can also be eaten as is, simply.
Carrots roasted and candied in the oven
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 bunch of baby carrots without the tops
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Olive oil
- Vinegar balsamic
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°.
- After having washed the carrots, peel them or scrub them well if the skin is thin, blanch them for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Place then in a baking dish.
- Cut the clove of garlic in small strips and drop them on the carrots. Sprinkle the thyme leaves on top.
- Pour a drizzle of vinegar balsamic, and sprinkle with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Season with pepper and bake for 30 minutes.