This is the perfect time to launch your kitchen into delicious dishes hot, in the casserole or slow cooker. For this version of feast, I offer you a small dish of baked fish with vegetables, in which I cooked the salmon (pretty classic) and skate wing (a little less, at least for me). Since then, I’ve re-tested this recipe but with salmon and nuts of St. Jacques and it was also delicious !
I admit that this dish is quite ideal because it can be prepared in advance, kept cool, and be passed in the oven at the last minute. It is also not heavy and will, therefore, be very significant for a Christmas meal.
I made this dish in the form of small incense burners individual because I found it more pleasant, but you can also cook it in a larger gratin dish and then serve the portions on the plate.
I love the effect of double texture of these casserole dishes of fish, with the crispness of the breadcrumbs and buckwheat on top, and the sweetness of the fish inside…
Casserole of baked fish and vegetables
For 2 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 filet of salmon
- ½ Skate wing (ask your fishmonger to prepare them)
- 1 shallot
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek, white parts only
- 1 tablespoon of cream of candied lemon or the juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 4 tablespoons of crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 2 coffee spoons of bread crumbs
- Seeds of buckwheat
- Salt and pepper
- 1 knob of butter
- In a saucepan, and cook for 10 minutes, the carrot cut into slices, as well as the white of the leek in water.
- In another saucepan, sauté the chopped shallots with the butter. Add the 2 fish cut into large cubes and brown gently on all sides.
- Drain the vegetables, cut the leeks and add them with the carrots to the fish. Sprinkle of white wine, add the cream, preserved lemon and cook for a further few minutes over low heat.
- Remove the mixture of fish and vegetables in small incense burners and individual, season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 spoons of crème fraiche on each, sprinkle with bread crumbs and drop a few seeds of buckwheat whole.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
- Serve with white rice for example.
So, it isn’t for you this small bite of my mini-casserole of fish !? Personally, just by looking, I spit again. It is probably because I know his taste more than delicious ! ��