We continue this selection of holidays with a recipe for cassolette of fish, a recipe that will make its small effect when you serve your guests or your lover. Yes, because this casserole of fish it throws, but in reality it is not super complicated to prepare even rather simple, you’ll see. Fish fillets cooked in a court bouillon house and a cream and saffron in a small dish to make it pretty… the little perfect dish for not taking the lead, and eat almost light during the holidays (yes, because between the meals at grandma’s, the one at belle-mom and the packet of aluminum foil, I know that will end badly !!!).
Go, we loose and we are preparing this casserole of fish, which undeniably changes the age-old chicken with chestnuts… (complicated words in this sentence, I’ll stop !). Serve with wild rice or a nice slice of homemade bread, yes because it is good for saucer !!! As a bonus, if you have not read, you will find this recipe in the Yummy Magazine special holidays.
Cassolette of fish with saffron and baby vegetables
For 2 people Save Print Ingredients
- 1 back to cod
- 1 filet of salmon
- 1 back of colin
- 4 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 15 cl of dry white wine
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek, white parts only
- 1/2 branch of celery
- 1 small shallot
- 20 g of butter
- 10 pistils of saffron
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of coarse salt
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by preparing the court-bouillon used to cook the fish, for this, peel and cut the carrot into slices, then cut the leek in the same way, then cut the celery stock into two.
- Fill a pot with water and then add the vegetables, the salt and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Snip the shallot and put them to sweat with the butter on a low heat for 10 minutes. Turn up the heat and then deglaze with the white wine. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the cream and the saffron. Let reduce over low heat 10 minutes.
- During this time, remove the skin from the salmon and cut the fish into cubes of approximately 3 cm.
- Reduce heat the court-bouillon and then immerse the cubes of fish for 5 minutes of cooking. Remove using a slotted spoon with a few vegetables, and have everything nicely in incense burners. Set aside a few vegetables.
- Add two tablespoons of broth into the saffron sauce, stir and adjust the seasoning, then cover the fish with this cream.
- Garnish with the reserved vegetables.
Good cassolette of fish !