Go hop, I told you so so I do, I keep my recipes for the cherry and this time, it’s with cherries in syrup house at the thyme that we’re going to treat us, on this first day of the month of July ! It really is a simple recipe to make (as often on this blog) and you can eat it alone, with a good yoghurt, or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s like you want to.
I love everything especially the cherries to the syrup as I ate every summer holidays at my grand-mother. She opened a small jar and loved the taste, just like that, without anything. Good, often, they were allowed a little cookie, yes, it was the bonus…
Ah the childhood memories, there is nothing of the sort, don’t you think !?
I added a little thyme to flavor the syrup, but if you prefer, you are not obliged to put, as always, you can adapt the recipe to your taste… ��
Cherries in syrup homemade
To-1 pot Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of cherries
- 50 g of sugar
- 10 cl of water
- 1 sprig of lemon thyme
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Wash the cherries after you have de-stalked.
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, the thyme, the lemon juice and the water. Heat, uncovered and over low heat for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir regularly so that the whole does not hang.
- A syrup will form around the cherry and will thicken as it cools.
- Remove the thyme and then place the cherries in syrup in a jar and close immediately.
- Let cool before placing in the fridge and keep for 2 to 3 weeks maximum.
- If you want to keep these cherries for a longer time, it will be necessary to sterilize the jars that will store your cherries.
I also take advantage of this article to thank all of my subscribers Pinterest since we are now 10 000 !!!