I’m back from holidays in Morocco, and I think that to continue a little this trip, I prepare good little dishes in the sun. I ate too much of tagines with vegetables, but here, I wanted grilled chicken. You know, when the skin is crispy, a little salty and peppery !?
So I chose to make a version of chicken thigh in the oven with the olive. My olives were stuffed with lemon confit, for a result that is even more greedy. If you want, you can use different types of olives, whether green or black. You will just have to be careful not too much salt depending on certain varieties, which are already not bad…
Chicken thigh in the oven with olive
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 4 chicken thighs
- 200 g green olives (or a mix with black)
- 1 large onion
- 1 c. c. of curry powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a baking dish, lay the chicken thighs. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of water, for there to have 1 cm in the bottom of your dish.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil on each thigh. Sprinkle with the curry.
- Add the olives and the chopped onion on top. Salt, add pepper.
- Cover the dish either with the lid provided for this purpose, or using a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Check out your tv and extend the cooking time to 10 minutes so that the chicken thighs are golden brown.
- You can accompany these chicken thighs in the oven of a good green salad, in the summer, and if you go in winter, you can add potatoes when cooking.
I love the tagines in the oven as I find that the foods are super soft, almost candied, and it forms a small crust although crispy on the top, here the chicken.