How nice to take a sip of an exotic drink and imagine you on a tropical beach in bright bikini, which highlights perfect figure! The plus of coconut water, certainly the most fashionable drink of the year, is in that, apart from pleasant emotions and fantasies, it gives a vitamin and electrolyte charge.
Natural Energy in natural packaging
Coconut water is the liquid endosperm of young fruits of the coconut palm. Endosperm is a special substance formed from flowering plants in the life cycle which is present fertilization. This is “food supply” seed: when the fetus matures, the plant will be able to reproduce. Therefore, the endosperm is rich in carbohydrates, proteins and fats in an easy to digest form. However, not always these stocks gets germ that nature entrusted to germinate and continue their family; often a highly dietary substances are trophy of animals and humans.
Coconut water is different from coconut milk, well known for fans of acute Thai soups, not only the calorie (100 ml coconut milk 230 kcal, whereas in the coconut water – 17-20 kcal), but also species, flavor composition, as well as origin – coconut milk is produced artificially ripened grinding liquid endosperm with copra and adjusting the thickness by adding water.
Interesting facts about the drink
- During the war of 1941-1945 both sides in the conflict regularly used water of coconut as an alternative liquid blood plasma to wounded soldiers.
- Coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk. After all, it is much lower in fat and absolutely no cholesterol.
- This fresh drink is regularly used in tropical countries, Thailand and Malaysia. It is connected with the fact that the interaction with the air it quickly loses all its organoleptic and nutritional properties.
- Coconut water is much better than infant formula intended for artificial feeding.
- Such fluid is a natural beverage (isotonic) with the same level of electrolyte balance as human blood.
- Coconut water is a much healthier drink than orange juice. After all, it is much less calories.
- Coconut water is sterile. It rises on the trunk of the palm and finally formed inside the fruit.
- This drink contains more potassium than sports and energy drinks. This water contains only natural sugars, which are beneficial to all systems of the human body.
Useful properties of coconut water
The main value of coconut water is a set of natural electrolytes. In the human body they are responsible for plasma osmolality, electrolyte balance when optimally supported by the best level of extracellular and intracellular fluid. Potassium and sodium are extremely important in these roles, both in the microcell present coconut water (250 mg of potassium, and 105 mg sodium per 100 ml of fluid).
In addition, slightly cloudy fragrant water contains:
- B vitamins necessary for the health of the nervous system, as well as maintaining a good condition of the skin, hair and nails;
- all eight essential amino acids for an adult human;
- calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus is required for the hematopoiesis, immune and hormone comfort;
- cytokinins and enzymes, preserving the integrity and well-being of the cell membranes.
Along with other methods of cleansing the body is the ability of coconut water to bind and remove toxins. The composition of coconut water includes sulfur-containing amino acids, enzymes which help the liver break down toxic compounds and inhibit the further redistribution of mercury in the tissues. Connect with mercury ions are derived toxins from the body naturally. Experiments confirmed the activation of cell purification from mercury-containing compounds. Thiamin (B1) is the vitamin that plays an important role in addressing the mercury and heavy metals; Vitamin B6 is a necessary element for the exchange and process glutathione (an antioxidant agent); Magnesium is necessary for the optimal functioning of the immune system, and enzyme systems; Selenium is indispensable in the fight against free radicals, the number of which is greatly increased if the body contains heavy metals.
Coconut water is able to act as a natural antioxidant. In other words, the constant use of this drink the human body gets all the new powers to strengthen the fight against radicals (free), which, in fact, contribute to premature aging of internal organs and skin cells. Coconut water is often referred to be as a valuable tonic liquid. After all, it contains a lot of potassium and sodium chloride, which in the hot summer weather, act as electrolytes. That is why its constant use can get rid of excess weight, due to evasion of metabolism.
As mentioned above, studies of the drink showed that cellulose which is in the coconut water is quite similar to the human blood plasma. In this regard, such a liquid with pulp extremely useful for athletes and those whose work involves regular and intense exercise. It is impossible not to note the fact that all the energy synthetic drinks contain not only high in sugar, and artificial flavors. Regarding coconut water, it comprises only natural ingredients that beneficially affect the entire body.
In what cases can you use it?
- In case of heart and vascular disease. It is known that people, whose blood pressure is raised at all times, have a rather low level of potassium in the body. According to studies, coconut water is rich in this element. That is why it is very effective constant use to adjust blood pressure.
- If you have problems with the skin (in the fight against age spots, wrinkles and so on.). Water (coconut) is a source of lauric acid and cytokinins. Scientists say that the latter substance helps adjusting the growth and division of cells. Thus, the use of this beverage can minimize the aging process.
- When dehydration. Presented drink contains a lot of minerals, which regulate water balance, as well as compensate for the lost fluid. By the way, and there is evidence that coconut water helps with dehydration caused by indigestion, dysentery, cholera or diarrhea.
- If you have problems with the digestive organs. Lauric acid found in coconut water in the human body becomes a system with high antibacterial and antiviral activity. As a result, this drink helps combat intestinal worms, parasitic, viral, and other gastro-intestinal infections in adults and children.
- To normalize weight. Coconut fluid helps to improve metabolism. Because of this it is very useful for people who want to normalize your weight.
In short, the exotic taste of coconut water serves as a nice duet with its use. However, it is important not to overestimate it. Interest in the delicious coconut water of such celebrities as Gisele Bundchen and Victoria Beckham and their flirty recognition that juice fruit trees helps them to look younger before our eyes and to fight cellulite, instantly uplifted natural drink on a pedestal. Scientists in laboratories were able to find out that fresh coconut water does contain a lot of nutrients in the original filing.
Does coconut water help to lose weight?
Despite the diversity of their useful properties of coconut water helps to lose weight only indirectly. Due to the content of a good quality of fatty acids it has a suppressing appetite action; the same problem is itself a form of water (the liquid fills the stomach, automatically reducing the amount eaten).
Following a number of conditions, coconut water has the ability to align the level of glucose in the blood: it contains 2.5% carbohydrate, some of which are natural sugars, while having a low glycemic index (it is equal to 3). So the use of the juice of green coconuts, probably helps if you want to unbearably sweet and candy, but it is established taboo on them (if you wash down cakes with this water and expecting that from this you lose weight).
However, due to the expressive exotic taste, the coconut water has become a popular ingredient of trendy detox diets aimed at rapid refreshment of the body and the conclusion of so-called toxins.
Almost everyone who has extra weight, at various times tried to lose weight with the help of the most bizarre, and sometimes unsafe diets. But the result in this case was the minimum; the weight comes back again, as soon as the diet is stopped. Consuming coconut water, you forget about diets, because they will not be necessary. You will not go with an empty stomach, and indulge in food.
Very well, if in the process of losing weight with coconut water, you will pay more attention on physical activity. To lose weight, using a unique natural gift, it takes some time, and coconut water should be your indispensable drink for a long time. It is ideal for everybody, but its chemical composition is similar to what is blood plasma, so doctors call this drink the water of life.
Coconut water: how to choose and drink?
Now pay attention on that how to choose and how to consume coconut water with use for health:
- Always carefully inspect the packaging for information on adding sugar, flavoring, syrup, juice or pulp of fruits: all this, of course, makes the drink taste more expressive, but increases the glycemic index of coconut water and the amount of calories in it.
- Usually, manufacturers specify a 2 calorie coconut water in a serving portion of one (it is often the same as the volume of the package, unless otherwise indicated). This figure should not exceed 20 kcal per 100 ml.
- If you want to get from the coconut water a maximum of pleasure and good, but do not overdo it, limit yourself to two meals a day (not more than 500 ml in total).
- Replace your first morning cup of water in a glass of coconut water, to compensate for the dehydration of the night and give impetus to the metabolic system of the body, and a second portion (if desired) in a drink or snack after exercising.
Recipes with coconut water
Smoothies “Fountain of Youth”
- Mix in a blender until the desired consistency:
- 120 ml of coconut water without additives
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- ½ of lemon without peel
- 1 small green apple
- This drink, or, rather, a light snack, will give you strength and vigor, and will also provide the skin with moisture and antioxidants.
Super energetic cocktail of Dr. Oz
- Mix in a blender:
- 1 liter of coconut water
- 2 green apples
- 400 g of fresh pineapple pulp
- 400 g pulp melons
- Add blueberries and spinach to taste and to achieve the desired density.
- Drink the resulting number of cocktails during the day; summer can freeze and enjoy the same benefit in the form of sherbet.
You can also drink a glass of coconut water in the morning before breakfast.