It’s been an eternity that I wanted to test a recipe for cream of brown house and as often before I started, I thought it was super complicated to do. In reality, it is really simple, but just a little long, especially the peeling of chestnuts. For this first version, I tested the cream of brown house with vanilla, same Fab that is not a big fan of the cream industry has taken over. Amazing ! In fact, he even finished off the pot before I’ve even had the time to make dessert recipes with cream of brown, which I had imagined to achieve with. �� Finally, so much the better, it was fun and you never have to repeat the experience… The melted chocolate and chestnut cream, it will be so for another time…
So, when one speaks speaks of chestnut cream, we should speak of the cream of chestnut because, of course, the chestnuts are not edible. So be careful if you bring nice bulbs of your rides, taking those who were full of small needles, but not big spikes.
Cream of brown house with vanilla
To 1 big pot Save Print Ingredients
- 500 g chestnuts whole
- 125 g of sugar
- 125 g of brown sugar
- 125 g of water
- 1 vanilla pod
- Soak the chestnuts in water for about ten minutes. You can throw all those back.
- When you have sorted your chestnuts, cut a slit in the skin of each and soak them in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and peel them without burning yourself. Remove a maximum the small skin sticking to the chair of the chestnuts, particularly in the ribs.
- Once they are well peeled, place them in a fact-all with the sugar, the brown sugar, 125 ml water and the seeds of the vanilla. Heat everything over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Then mix all the ingredients and made of new heat for another 5 minutes so that the cream is well linked and smooth.
- Pour the cream into a pot sterilized if you want to keep it longer.
- And lo and behold, it is ready ! Treat yourself well by eating such on a toast, in yogurt, or in cakes.
- Believe me when I tell you that you can throw all the chestnuts that date back, it is true ! I said to myself, but no, it it’s going to go, that also. And what a surprise at the time of peeling… Either they were black inside, they were inhabited by a few small foolish…