After you have proposed cassolettes of fish as flat, this time, I directs me on a thigh of duck in orange and the cider cooked in the oven ! A treat and like that, you will have the choice…
I love everything especially the association of the duck with the fruit, but I have to say that I’ve always loved the duck to the orange. The taste of the meat harmonizes really well with the acidity of the orange, and in this version, the cider gives a nice sweetness and allows the duck does not dry out during the cooking in the oven.
When I was a student, I had almost made a dish identical to this one but with duck breast instead of duck leg. At the time, I had really ‘cracked’ for Fab on the occasion of his birthday. Therefore, I was really happy to explore again this type of recipe… ��
Duck leg with orange and cider
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 2 beautiful duck legs
- 2 oranges organic or non-processed
- 4 shallots
- 25 cl dry cider
- 1 bay leaf
- pepper of kampot
- 5 bays
- 4 carrots
- Preheat your oven to 190°.
- Place the duck legs in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Add 5 crushed berries.
- Bake for 10 minutes. If there is too much fat having been sunk, throw them out.
- In the dish, add the carrots cut into sticks, shallots, minced, the juice of one orange, apple cider and slices of the second orange.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Water regularly (every 5 minutes), the duck legs.
- If the juice is still too liquid at the end of the cooking time, make the fast reduce in a small saucepan and serve immediately. You can also accompany it with tagliatelle, fresh or mashed potatoes, it is delicious.