The eggplant it really is the summer vegetable par excellence, and even if the season is a little wacky this year (like all the fruits and vegetables also), it is still the opportunity to enjoy this vegetable don’t know sometimes what to do ! And to enjoy, here is a dish that I wanted to make you discover (in case you didn’t know !), the eggplant parmigiana baby. A dish typically Italian, which I will give you my version, consisting of eggplants, tomatoes and cheese. Serve in a single dish, yes because it is still a lot of nurturing, and to do so in advance if possible because it is even better warmed up.
So run quickly to the market to seek eggplants, personally, I still have bought this morning to redo this dish, because the Mister and I had really loved it ! So if you still not serious, it will be even better the next day (or so I await your invitation !) !
For 4 people Save Print Ingredients
- 4 eggplants, medium-sized
- 500 grams of passata of tomato
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 50 g of pecorino cheese
- 40 g of parmesan
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices in length. Frying in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil until exhaustion.
- Prepare the tomato sauce, to do this put the crushed garlic clove in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté a few minutes over medium heat then add the tomato. Snip the stems of the basil and half of the leaves, and then add them to the sauce. Let simmer for 15 minutes, then season to taste.
- Mix together the pecorino and the parmesan grated.
- In a baking dish put a layer of sauce on the bottom, then cover with eggplant. Then add a bit of cheese, then tomato sauce, repeat the operation until the end. Finish by adding the mozzarella into pieces and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Enjoy with the basil leaves remaining.