Today, we offer a culinary journey with eastern flavours… It’s been several times that I flipped through the cookbook by Yotam Onelenghi and that I see this recipe of eggplant stuffed with chermoula and bulgur, which makes me of the eye. As a result, since the eggplant are beginning to point the tip of their nose, I said to myself that I needed to succumb to the temptation ! I can tell you that I did well ! This recipe is a treat absolute ! And then, as he was not doing well this hot weekend, it was a good way to find an excuse to turn the oven on…
This eggplant stuffed with vegetarian and full of flavours of various spices, tender to perfection, and it’s perfectly balanced with the yoghurt to the Greek, which brings a bit of sweetness. For those who love spicy dishes, you will be served ! For those who like it when “it stings” (not like me), you can put a little more of chile in the preparation of the chermoula, it will be even a little bit.
I think I’m gonna buy me this book because it is full of recipes really inspiring in a registry of flavors that I don’t always know explore alone, and that I do not have the habit of cooking. It will help me more to get out of my comfort zone and go into other culinary worlds…
Eggplant stuffed with chermoula and bulgur
To 2 Save Print
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 40 min
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eggplant
- 1 small glass of bulgur
- 2 glasses of water boiling water
- 5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 5 sprigs of parsley, chopped
- 2 leaves of chopped mint
- 1 handful of roasted almonds
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 shallot, minced
- 120 g of yoghurt to the Greek
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
- In a bowl, mix garlic, pressed, cumin, coriander, chile, paprika, 2-thirds of the olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper to get the chermoula
- Cut the eggplant in half, place them in a dish, make incitions diagonal, and spread with the chermoula on each of the parties. Bake for 30 minutes
- During this time, cook the bulgur in boiling water, as instructed on your packaging.
- Sauté the chopped shallots in the rest of the olive oil and once it starts to brown, add it to the bulgur with the lemon juice. Sauté until the liquids are evaporated.
- Pour the bulgur over the eggplant and also add the coriander, parsley and mint, chopped, as well as the almonds and the toasted pine nuts.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the eggplants hot with yogurt, a little coriander and olive oil on top.
Inspiration for the recipe of Eggplant stuffed with chermoula and bulgur : Jerusalem by Yotam Onelenghi