It is not my first try of falafel because I love it, I had already proposed the recipe of falafel classic. This time, I wanted to test a version in any other, a version of falafel with herbs, made from parsley and spinach (also good because I had bought a bunch of spinach at the market without leaving with a clear idea of what I was going to make one !). I must also say that I have a little lightened the recipe, exit the frying, a simple go back to the stove and the falafels finish baking in the oven (she is not beautiful the life ?!). Good but as I know that you are greedy, you can sprinkle generously these falafel sauce tahina which you can find the recipe here.
These falafel with herbs are also an excellent way to eat spinach to children, in a form that is playful and full of flavors. And in addition, it makes a complete meal served with a good salad of the season… yes I know I’m a super girl that you concoct super meal… ok I have the right to dream a little anyway, right ?!
Falafel with herbs
Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g chickpeas, dried
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons flour of chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 300 g of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- The day before, put to soak the chickpeas in cold water.
- The next day, rinse and drain the chickpeas then place in a blender with the onion, the garlic, the parsley, the spinach just blanched and then mix all the finely as possible.
- Once the chickpeas finely chopped, add the spices, bicarbonate, salt, water and flour, stir to get a nice smooth dough (add a little flour if necessary) and thick. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Make balls of dough the size of a small golf ball helping you, for example, an ice cream spoon, flatten them and then put them in the pan. Let cook for 3 minutes per side, then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 200 degrees to finish the cooking.