I must immediately confess to you something… This recipe I picked up from Fab but it is I who still made this orange cake !!!
It is pretty, don’t you think ? In any case, it is so soft that it was more than delicious. I think that all the people who’ve tried it, you will confirm it.
For that it is very fluffy and the orange syrup soaks the cake, I advise you to do it in a mold-type mold kouglof, such as the one that I present to you, or in a cake pan. I do not recommend the cake pan classic, or then, reduce a little the cooking time (5 minutes) and add the juice of an extra orange to the syrup.
You will give me news of this too good fluffy cake with orange. My god-daughter (3 years old) said during a 15-minute non-stop : “he is too good your cake, huh mom, he is too good the cake of Leah “… I was too happy. As they say, the truth comes out of the mouths of children ! Good at the same time, I had given him carrots mashed with ham and she loved it too… ��
Fluffy cake with orange
For 8 Save Print Ingredients
- 5 orange non-processed
- 150 g soft butter or margarine (I prefer) + a little for the mold
- 100 g of powdered sugar + 50 g for syrup
- 45 g de vergeoise blonde
- 3 eggs
- 170 g of flour
- 1 sachet of chemical yeast
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Grate the zest of two oranges, washed, squeeze the juice of one and book.
- Mix with a whisk the butter and sugar into a smooth cream and then incorporate the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, the yeast, the zest and the orange juice.
- Butter a mold. Pour in the dough, and bake 40 minutes, checking the cooking with the tip of a knife (dough should not stick to the blade).
- Bring to a boil the juice of oranges remaining and the sugar, simmer gently for 4 minutes.
- After cooking, drizzle with the syrup and leave well enter and cool before removing from pan and serving.