I know not what it is on your side but for me the watermelon is really the fruit of the summer, I could eat at every meal. There are two schools in the field of watermelon, eat it as a starter or eat it as a dessert and personally what I prefer is eating in the dish salty. So it is a gazpacho of watermelon that I wanted to test it after you have tested the gazpacho of melon last year. A gazpacho well chilled and perfect when you don’t really feel like cooking and turning on the oven, yes, because you’ll need a blender (the more you limit the dishes it’s top that !). We have been seduced by this test gazpacho of watermelon and Mr has preferred the gazpacho classic ! and Oh yes, and a small board in the passage, choose the best tomatoes for producer, level taste (and I think that I don’t teach you anything) it makes all the difference.
Good gazpacho !
Gazpacho of watermelon and basil
For 4-6 people Save Print Ingredients
- 1/2 watermelon of average size
- 5 tomatoes
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 good pinch of Espelette pepper
- Cut the watermelon, the tomatoes and the cucumber into pieces and then place in a blender with the basil and olive oil.
- Mix finely and season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Enjoy a fresh serving with a drizzle of olive oil on top.