This recipe of gingerbread with honey of chestnut I would like from a girlfriend with whom we were eating dinner. And guess what we were talking about while we were at the table… ? Ben of the food ! Normal what ! When one is at the table, we always speak of our good recipes or at the next meal. We said then that they really liked the gingerbread, but the gingerbread. So what could be better than doing it yourself ? At least, one is sure what’s in it and it improves it according to his tastes. I’ve tested it several times before finding my right balance and, for example, have I added the zest of oranges because I like the little taste that it brings.
In any case, I’ve never tested the gingerbread house, it is it is fast and super easy. It is not necessary to deny it…
Gingerbread with honey of chestnut
Save Print Ingredients
- 250 g of rye flour
- 250 g of chestnut honey
- 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder (ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom)
- 1 teaspoon of baking
- 175 g of warm water
- Zest of 1 untreated orange
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- Dilute the honey with half of the warm water.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
- Pour the honey syrup into the bowl along with the zest of orange and mix.
- Gradually add the remaining water until the mixture is smooth.
- If you want, you can also stir in the orange liqueur.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes then lower the oven to 150°.
- Bake for 40 minutes and check the cooking by piercing a clean knife inside. If the dough sticks to the blade, continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
I admit that I love this gingerbread with honey of chestnut because it is simple, it doesn’t take a thousand ingredients and it is fat-free. If you don’t have all the spices at home, you can, of course, use a mix of 4 spices of the trade…
Thank You Noémie !