In the winter, I love to cook using my oven, I find that it warms the atmosphere, but also the room. �� Not that it makes cold in the house, but I like it. So, this time, it is a recipe of gratin of cauliflower and broccoli full of cheese that it was tested.
I’ve already made this dish several times because it is so simple to make and always so good. I had also tested in a more complete version by adding small pieces of chorizo inside and sprinkling some bread crumbs on the top, it was rather not bad at all !
Gratin of cauliflower and broccoli
To 4 Save Print
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 45 min
- 1 small broccoli in florets
- 1/2 cauliflower also in bouquets
- 200 g grated comté cheese
- FOR THE BÉCHAMEL SAUCE
- 30 g of butter
- 40 g of flour
- 50 cl of milk at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt, pepper
- After washing the cauliflower and the broccoli, cook in boiling water and salt for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place florets in a gratin dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the béchamel sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on very low heat. Add salt and pepper and add the nutmeg.
- Add half of the sifted flour and whisk well for 5 min.
- You get what’s called a roux.
- Pour in the milk gradually while whisking and gradually add the rest of the sifted flour. Continue to whisk until the sauce becomes smooth, creamy and without lumps.
- Pour over the vegetables in the gratin dish and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until it is well browned.