I like this recipe for ham with Madeira of my grandma. Okay, I have to admit that I have adapted in my own way from the time. This is an easy dish to make with good flavours. I can’t believe it of not having yet shared with you because I realize this recipe very regularly. But now, as we enter in the winter, it is the perfect season to share with you a good dish au gratin in the oven. I hope you enjoy it and that it will comfort you as much as me…
Regarding the ham, the best is, take the ham to the cup, it will have more taste… And keep the fat off the ham, it is in part this which fragrance it your dish. For those who don’t like to really not like it, you can remove it after cooking (some will recognize him…).
Ham with Madeira
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 8 slices of cooked ham
- 5 cl Madeira
- 400 g of tomato coulis
- 100 g (at least) of grated cheese (type of county)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Roll the slices of ham, place in a baking dish and pour in half the Madeira over the top. Bake for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato, half the grated cheese, the Madeira, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the baking dish, over the ham. Cover the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake for yet another twenty minutes, until the dish is well baked.
- Good ap !
Personally, I like to accompany this dish, with simple coquillettes because I find that the sauce Madeira blends perfectly, but it may also very well go with potatoes-mashed or just a good salad…