As for the buns with the burger, I had never ventured to make homemade bread. I said to myself that if I was successful the first time so why not have yet another attempt at a new experience because I had to be able. And as I don’t have a robot pastry chef, I am completely thrown into the adventure of homemade bread without a machine, and thus to the hand.
The result is quite satisfactory ! Make her homemade bread is simply easy !
So, this first experience really made me want to equip myself of the book Breads and pastries in house !! It will be necessary that I think about it… ��
And I don’t know how to explain it, but for me to make homemade bread, it really is the symbol of the independence of cooking. Finally, I don’t know if you know what I mean, but to make it simple, we feel a great pride…
So here is my first experience of homemade bread, with a classic version and I think that I will share with you other recipes of special rolls, and maybe a day of sticks… This is only the beginning… The bread was more airy and the crust crispy, exactly what I was expecting.
Homemade bread without a machine
To 1 bread 400 g Save Print Ingredients
- 180 g flour T55
- 20 g of flour T110
- 15 cl of water
- 1/2 c. to c. of salt
- 1/2 sachet of baker’s yeast dehydrated
- In a bowl, pour the flour, water and salt. Mix everything by hand. When the dough begins to form, knead until a ball is formed. Leave it in your bowl and cover it with a clean cloth. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- During this time, replenish the yeast in a small bowl, with a spoon of lukewarm water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Then add the yeast cake mixture, in the bowl and start kneading by folding the dough over itself and pressing with the fist. Don’t hesitate to work the dough until you feel it turns.
- For the thrust, so that the dough does not stick to your bowl and in order not to tear it, I advise you to lightly oil the container using a paper towel, then dust in flour to give a light veil white.
- Form a ball with the dough, drop it in your bowl and cover with a dish towel. Leave it at room temperature for at least 2 hours (3 will be good). The dough should double in volume.
- For shaping, you can choose various shapes for your loaves (ball, wand, crown, etc). I chose, this time, an elongated shape, between the bread and the baguette.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray and flour it.
- Retrieve the dough gently to not tear it. Dégazez gently with the fist, and give the dough the desired shape. Flour lightly.
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts.
- Place a tea towel over the bread and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 210° c in convection.
- During the resting time of the dough, place a pie pan filled with water in the bottom of the oven heat rotating.
- Bake at mid-height of the oven to your plate for 30 minutes.
- Flip your bread and continue to cook in the oven for another 5 minutes at 180°C without water.
- Let cool your bread on a rack outside the oven.
And lo and behold, it remains only to be enjoyed alone, with bread and butter or even with cheese… So, ready for the little exercise at the weekend !? I assure you that there is nothing more rewarding than making your own bread without a machine, at home !