Don’t worry, the color of my homemade tomato sauce may seem strange, but I assure you that it is a tomato sauce ! For my recipe, I simply used various varieties of tomatoes including some with the chair more green, like the black of Crimea.
I know a lot of people prefer to remove the can of tomatoes to make this type of sauces, but personally, I like to keep it. It is full of vitamins and it does not bother me at all when I eat it. So, what about the skin of your tomatoes, it is according to your desire. Or, you can poach and peel them, you cut them as is.
Homemade tomato Sauce
For 2 pots Save Print Ingredients
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper of the mill
- In fact-the whole, lightly sauté the onion, previously sliced with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the garlic squeezed out and the tomatoes cut into small from.
- Stir well and add the rosemary, the sugar, the vinegar, the salt and the pepper.
- Simmer, covered over low heat for 40 minutes while stirring regularly so that the sauce does not catch. Add a little water if necessary.
- At the time to use the sauce, you can re-season if this is not enough for you.
If you sterilize your jars and store in a dry place, without light, or to cool, you can keep this sauce for several weeks. This can be quite useful if it takes the want to, for this winter, a good homemade tomato sauce…
For me, this recipe is a real basis in the kitchen, that I use very regularly. You can also eat it simply on pasta with a little cheese, or a pizza that is homemade, or even store it in jars for a desire future…