Hummus my love… it is with Sir, one of our many cold favorites, yes I say ” our ” because there is also the Moutabal which we are addicted, I confess !!! Tasted just like this with the lebanese bread, or served in a pita with fresh vegetables and keftas… I become the happiest of women (yes it takes me not much I know) ! Yes, because cooking middle eastern cuisine that speaks to me and that I like a lot, and what better than the hummus to be his ambassador. We know least, but the hummus is sometimes served with beef, back to the spices above, such as a full plate, enjoy, you will be seduced !
I don’t know what you think, but the hummus is also (and mostly) a spread perfect for the cocktail hour which will take only 5 minutes to prepared if you already have the chickpeas cooked in the hand. In short, to serve with everything and anything because it is really too good ! Good, and then it is not as if it called for six ingredients…ah bah if, in fact !
For 4 people Save Print Ingredients
- 200 g of chickpeas
- 6 tablespoons of tahina (cream sesame seed)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pine nuts
- 1/2 c. to c. salt
- Let soak the chickpeas for 12 hours. Cook in boiling water for 45 min to 1 hour (taste to check for doneness). Drain and leave to cool.
- Crush in a mortar the garlic cloves and the salt.
- In a blender, put the chick peas and the preparation of garlic/salt.
- Mix and add water, the juice of the lemons, the olive oil and tahina and mix again, the mixture should be more or less smooth.
- Put the hummus in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with the paprika and the pine nuts.