Today is the epiphany and it’s been so long that I hadn’t made cake to celebrate the kings so this year I put. As I was at my parents this Sunday and that my mother especially loves the cake, I made a king cake apple and almond. And this time, unlike the last time, I had not forgotten to put bean inside the cake. It is also she who had it and who therefore must offer the next cake. �� May be for tonight…
This is not complicated to make his own galette des rois at home and it’s so good. I admit that I am not yet making my own puff pastry house but it is for very soon… It’s part of my list of recipe to make.
King cake recipes: apple and almond
To 8 Save Print
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 40 min
- 2 rolls of pasta puff
- 2 apples
- 60 g almond powder
- 30 g nougat
- 1 egg
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon milk for gilding
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Place the first puff pastry in a pie dish and sprinkle with the almond powder.
- Cut the apples into small pieces and place on top.
- Beat an egg with the brown sugar and the cream and pour over the apples.
- Sprinkle the praline, then cover with the second dough. Perform pressure to weld the edges of the dough. Decorate your cake using the back of a knife and the potential remnants of puff pastry.
- Brush the dough from the top using a brush with the egg yolk and the milk mixed together.
- Bake for about 40 minutes so that the cake is well browned and it is ready.
Good epiphany !!