The butcher the end of my street had some beautiful legs in her showcase which I had of the eye. Easter approaching, I told myself that it was really the opportunity to provide you with my recipe for roast leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary.
With the beautiful weather comes, this period is conducive to family gatherings, and this is the perfect opportunity to launch the preparation of a good leg of lamb in the oven. It is a simple and tasty that goes very well with the taste of the lamb, just enough to raise it a little.
I love the leg of lamb, it really is traditional in my family and it is very often used as with beans, but it, it is according to the tastes of each. It’s just that for me, a leg roast the garlic does not go without beans. So now that I kitchen also, and well I take back some family rituals, only for the pleasure of our taste buds. And then, as is a mage not often of meat at home, this is an opportunity…
Leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 leg of lamb 1.6 kg
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
- Prick the leg of lamb using a sharp knife and insert the garlic cloves in the flesh. Brush with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- The cooking depends on the weight of the leg of lamb, for a meat that is medium rare, count 12 minutes of cooking time per 500 g or about 40 minutes for 1,6 kg. For a meat-to-point, it has 16 min of cooking time per pound, or about 55 minutes for 1,6 kg.
- Bake your leg, and return at the end of 10 minutes. Find it again at the end of 10 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil for 20 minutes and turn down the oven to 180°. During cooking, add water from time to time with the juices in the dish. At the end of the cooking time, to brown the leg of lamb, rediscover, and continue cooking 20 minutes, up the temperature to 200°.
- Once cooking is finished, it remains for you to cut beautiful slices and serve them. if they are a little too pink for you, you can put them in your dish to oven for a few minutes until they are the desired color.
- For the backing, I love to eat the leg of lamb with flageolets, but you can also serve it with carrots, roasted, or grilled vegetables, for example…
- Treat yourself well…