This is a recipe that I wanted to try for a long time. And during my stay in New York, I was able to taste a delicious ‘Mac and Cheese with crispy bacon’ and there I am that it was absolutely essential that I test. And as Thanksgiving is fast approaching (it’s Thursday), I said to myself that it might be nice to share this dish, very popular in the United States.
I reviewed the recipe in my own way by revisiting with emmental de Savoie and parmesan cheese.
Mac and cheese and crispy bacon
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 400 g of macaroni
- 100 g of emmental from Savoie, grated
- 50 g of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 l of milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, pepper
- ground nutmeg
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 200 g chopped bacon
- Put the macaroni on to cook according to the package (it will be better if they are ‘al dente’).
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bechamel sauce the classic : melt a knob of butter, add the flour, milk, salt, pepper, add the nutmeg, and stir well.
- As soon as the béchamel is ready, add the crushed garlic and emmental cheese grated. Mix until the cheese has completely melted and is well incorporated into the sauce and add the pasta.
- Then pour the mixture into a gratin dish, cover with parmesan, breadcrumbs and chopped bacon. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180°.
You take a spoon ?