For three years now, I always try to prepare you a little something for St. Nicholas, and this year I wanted to männele. I have to admit it is a bit the fault of Flo and Létitia, who have made this week on their blogs respective… and as I am weak and easily influenced bah I me y am update also ! Not knowing the recipe, I went on a recipe from bread to milk, but this time it is a version without the milk (the height for a loaf of bread in the milk I hear you say !). Like this, Mini-Mademoiselle was able to enjoy his first buns, and I can tell you that she is not in fact pray !!!
This is my first männele, so I’m a little struggled for the cutting, some do not look like much (at least not really snowmen or snowmen martians !), but in the lot there are some that are cute ! All in all, they have all been devoured without distinction (yes, no discrimination here !).
Männele without milk
To 20 Männele Save Print Ingredients
- 400 g of wheat flour semi-complete (T80)
- 15 cl of oat milk
- 120 g of margarine
- 3 eggs + 1 yellow
- 40 g of cane sugar
- 1 sachet of baker’s yeast
- 2 g of salt
- Warm the milk to 35°.
- Put the yeast with 1 tablespoon of milk warmed, let it sit 10 min then stir.
- For the dough, put the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the mixture of yeast and milk in the centre. Work the dough between your fingers or the robot and fold in the eggs, the sugar and the salt. Knead the dough and stretch it, then add the margarine. Knead the dough until it comes off of the bowl.
- Let the dough rise, covered, for 2 hours.
- Dégazez the dough with the point and then set aside in a cool between 2 hours and overnight.
- Dégazez again the dough without the work on a floured surface, then cut it into 20 pieces.
- Fashion-männele forming rolls between your hands leaving 2 cm for the head. Then cut the legs and arms and then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°.
- Bask the männele with the egg yolk diluted with 1 tablespoon of vegetable milk and then add raisins to make buttons.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Good saint Nicholas !