This dish is simple and to appreciate it, I find that it doesn’t take too much work and mix with many other ingredients that would hide the taste of marrow. Salt and pepper will be perfect !
This is the first time that I was testing a recipe for marrow bones in the oven, that I enjoy from time-to-time in a restaurant in Grenoble. It must be said that this dish is rarely put on the menu.
So we’ve reserved at our butcher and we embarked on the occasion of a meal ‘gourmet’ between friends… This entry is going to be perfect for your menus year-end holiday season. It is easy to do, you can repair a little in advance and bake at the last moment, and it is really delicious.
Marrow bones in the oven
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 4 marrow bones
- salt of Guérande
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- cream of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 220°.
- Salt and pepper the 2 sides of the marrow bones. Please do not hesitate to press with a spoon so that the seasoning adheres to the maximum for the os.
- Place them in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy right out of the oven, using a small spoon, with the cream of balsamic vinegar. It is a perfect balance.