It is off to the 28th edition of the Battle of Food, this time led by Hanane the cute blog Saffron Gourmand. The theme of the month being Valentine’s day, I did not hesitate to play the romantic card gnangan to provide you with marshmallows. Yes, but as I am a little girl, I’ve been doing some small hearts that I coloured with different colours (oh, I’m rhyming today !). In short, nothing complicated in the recipe of the marshmallow except that you’ll definitely need a kitchen thermometer and if possible a robot pastry (or other small hands). But you will be so proud to have made your marshmallow house, it is worth to struggle a little. Well, what I do you not confess there, is that I missed my marshmallow the first time because I forgot to slowly pour the sugar syrup… but I am well caught up huh ?!
And then, what better than a nice little gift homemade to say I love you… (for singles it is not forbidden to say I love you !).
Marshmallows – marshmallow house
To twenty marshmallows hearts Save Print Ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 165 g of caster sugar
- 60 g of water
- 10 g of gelatine (5 sheets)
- 8 g of glucose or honey
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Icing sugar
- Put the gelatine to soften in cold water, wring it out and book
- Heat in a saucepan the sugar, water and glucose mix. The syrup should reach 125-130°.
- Meanwhile beat the egg whites with the lemon juice so that they become foamy.
- Add the gelatin once the temperature is reached, mix well and pour gently the syrup over the whites while continuing to beat at medium speed. Beat the mixture until it is lukewarm.
- Pour the marshmallow on 1 cm in a dish covered with cling film or lightly oiled. Book 1 hour in a cool place.
- Sprinkle a work surface of icing sugar and then turn out your marshmallow on top. Sprinkle again with icing sugar on the other side.
- Cut out hearts using a punch.
- Dilute the dyes in ramekins and then come quickly dip your marshmallows, drain well and let dry 1 hour on a tray.
- It only remains for you to enjoy.
Good marshmallows my ptites marshmallows !