Okay, I’ve finally managed to make my galette des rois 2016, phew !! And yes, I have set the time, but not easy to precisely find the time… But I assure you, I still ate out several times this year ! And yes, those of the baker is not bad at all.
I had this idea of mini galettes des rois with lemon zest when I saw the recipe of Celine, on his blog. Then, I did not put citron, but the idea of putting a citrus fruit that I liked.
For this recipe, I have made a frangipane-based classic almond powder complete and I added the zest of one organic lemon, not treated. Frankly, I found it absolutely delightful because it brings a real plus to the frangipane, making it more mild to the taste. In fact, I have to say, we ate half of the cakes to 2, in a single time. The rest will be for tonight or tomorrow morning… ��
And now, suddenly, those who have seen my photo this morning on Instagram will be able to see the result. I never thought I would be able to write and publish the recipe today… ��
Mini-cakes of the kings with lemon zest
To 7 Save Print Ingredients
- 1 puff pastry
- 100 g of almonds complete powder
- 100 g of sugar
- 80 g of soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- 1 tablespoon of Cornflour
- zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 egg yolk for egg wash + 1 tablespoon of milk
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a bowl, pour the almond powder, the sugar, the soft butter, the eggs, the rum, Cornstarch, and the zest of the lemon. Using a beater, mix well until the frangipane is smooth.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out 14 circles of dough approximately 8 inches in diameter. Drop-in 7 on a baking tray previously covered with baking paper.
- Pour a nice spoon of frangipane in the center. Moisten the edge of the circles of pasta with a little water and place another circle of dough on top. Press a little of the edges to be welded disks of dough.
- Using the back of a knife, draw the pattern you want on your mini cakes. Mix the egg yolk and the milk and then brush the cakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until they are golden brown.