In this season, what I like above all, it is to turn on my oven, making cakes and a sweet scent wafts with the home. This Sunday, so I started, but instead of doing a cake, I prepared mini-muffins with apples, nuts and caramel. I find that this scent ‘well-being’ is systematic when cooking apples. I had already talked about in my recipe for a baked apple. ��
I had at home a few apples, nuts and a jar of jam milk (my sister has finished since, finally, I want to say swallowed) around in my cupboards and I thought this would be perfect for good little cakes. You can also use the salted butter caramel, it will be even better…
With good products as we have in our region, it may not be that inspiring. There are a lot of local products is very varied and I love to transform them like in a good cake, apple and walnut, for example. ��
Muffins with apples, nuts and caramel
For a dozen muffins Save Print Ingredients
- 40 g melted butter
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 110 g of flour
- 10 cl of milk
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 20 g of cornflour
- 2 small apples
- 100 g of walnuts
- milk jam (1 teaspoon per muffin)
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt until the mixture is well sparkling.
- Fold in the flour, the cornflour and the yeast to the preceding mixture and mix well until the dough is homogeneous and free of lumps.
- Peel the apples, cut into small pieces and add to the batter with the walnuts the walnuts. Mix well using a spatula, lifting the dough from underneath to vent.
- Place pan with paper liners in the muffin cups and pour batter up to half-height with the help of a soup spoon. Add a teaspoon of milk jam in the centre then cover with new dough muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool before removing muffins from pan.
- At the time of serving, you can sprinkle a little icing sugar to bring a little more sweetness.
So, good taste of breakfast ! It will be absolutely perfect for both small or large !