These onion rings in the oven are very easy to make and quite low in calories the fact that it does not fry. Why complicate the task while this version of the oven works so well ?
You will wow your friends and put an american touch on your appetizers !
Onion rings in the oven
To 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 onions (I used red onions for their small soft side)
- 80 g of flour
- 200 g of breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 210°C.
- In a bowl, put the egg whites, milk and Cayenne pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs in a plate and set aside.
- Cut the onions in their diameter, in strips of 1/2 cm.
- Place them in a freezer bag and add the flour, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Close the bag and shake well so that the flour adheres to all of the onion strips.
- Then dip one at a time, the slices of onion in the mixture of egg and milk, then in bread crumbs covering completely.
- Arrange in a dish, apply a thin coat with a spray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or take them out when they are just golden brown.
Enjoy the onion rings right out of the oven, it is there that they are the best, onion, and fondant on the inside and crisp on the outside.
You can enjoy them with the spicy tomato sauce or a creamy sauce to the lawyer…