The veal osso bucco is a dish from Sunday, and in fact, today well it is Sunday ! �� Not that this is a recipe to be complicated, quite the contrary, but this is the kind of dish that needs to simmer for a long time and that we like to share, softly in the family so it is the perfect day.
Then Thursday, when I found beautiful haunch of veal in the market, I told myself that it was the right time to launch me in this recipe ! And then like last weekend, I had bought some cute plates at the vide grenier in the corner, I am told that the two together would go well together. A flat family of plates of grand-mothers, it is perfect ! In any case, we are totally delighted and served with fusilli, it was perfect because the sauce is slipped and faufilait perfectly in the ribs… Yum !
Veal Osso bucco with orange
For 4 Save Print
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 1 hr 45 min
- 650 hocks of veal in slice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots cut into small dice
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 box 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml white wine
- Juice of 1 organic orange and a little zest
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Season generously the shanks with salt and pepper.
- Over high heat, heat the oil in a casserole, and then enter the shanks on each side. Do not handle them too much meat to obtain a nice colouring. Remove the veal from the casserole and reserve in a plate.
- In the same casserole, sauté the onion, carrots, celery and garlic for 5 minutes, then add the flour. Scrape the bottom of the pot using a wooden spoon and pour in the white wine and the orange juice and zest. Add the crushed tomatoes, bay leaf and rosemary. Stir well.
- Redéposez the veal in the casserole, cover and cook 1 1/2 hours.
- You can serve with fresh pasta or fusilli.