As the 1st entry of the day, I prepared you a dish that is often featured on our tables for feasts, the oysters… But I must confess to you a thing : I don’t like the oysters fresh. The idea of eating something alive doesn’t delight me, frankly. Well, I won’t elaborate on the subject, but all of a sudden, when I eat oysters at home, I make the oysters hot, stuffed and au gratin. I show you a recipe that, it seems to me, will appeal to many of the world…
I like to make them in the oven with a good stuffing. This time, so I’m going to make the oysters hot in the charente… I put the shallots in the stuffing, and it is balanced perfectly well with the taste of the oyster. Ready to test !?
Oysters hot charentaise
To 6 Save Print Ingredients
- 12 oysters (type Bouzigue as well iodine)
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c. c. of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of fresh cream
- bread crumbs
- Prepare the stuffing in advance. Sauté the shallots previously chopped in olive oil. When they begin to brown, add the white wine, lemon juice, pepper and parsley. Let reduce, then remove from heat. Add the fresh cream, mix well and set aside.
- Open all of your oyster using a knife or ask your fishmonger to do it for you. The best is to do it at the last minute.
- Preheat your oven mode grill (250°).
- Remove oysters from shells and drain the water. Lay flat on the grid of your oven.
- Drop a teaspoon of the stuffing in each of the oysters and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes in the highest position in the oven, just the time that the bread crumbs golden brown.
Enjoy these good oysters hot immediately and enjoy !! The scent of the iodine will balance perfectly with the stuffing au gratin. We feel the taste of each of the flavors… Yummm !
I also have other ideas of this type that it will be necessary that I test at home, such as oysters rockefeller that I had been able to taste during a trip to New Orleans… A treat, but a little more complex as the recipe !