Pasta conchiglioni stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, this is a dish that I wanted to cook for a very long time. I must admit that I love pasta ! I love it so much that that, and even if I don’t, I think I could eat all day. It is also a little what I was doing before to have this cooking blog, and especially when I was a student… �� And there, with the famous mixture of spinach and ricotta, it really is to fall… It combines a little tomato sauce well flavored and it is the top !
If you too are fans of the association ricotta-spinach, you’ll surely like my cannelloni or vegetarian my slippers appetizers…
And as I still have the conchiglioni I think I’m going to quickly test out another recipe. I still do not know too what, but if you have any ideas, I’m willing !! Maybe I’ll test a version other than vegetarian, kind of a bolognese, or in the fall, with squash, I will see well…
Pasta conchiglioni stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach
Save Print Ingredients
- 20 pasta conchiglioni
- 500 g of fresh spinach
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 100 g of grated parmesan cheese + a little to brown
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 400 g of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- Prepare the sauce by bringing back in a pan the clove of garlic pressed with a good tablespoon of olive oil. As soon as it begins to color add the tomato sauce, add salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Pour the sauce in a baking dish.
- Preparing the stuffing. Rinse well the spinach, cut into strips and sauté them in a frying pan (without fat) for 5 minutes, the time that the leaves colour. Remove from heat and mix in the ricotta. Salt, add pepper, stir in the egg and then add the parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix well. We must obtain a consistent paste, but still soft.
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- In a large saucepan bring to a boil the water and add salt. Immerse the pasta conchiglioni and gently stir occasionally during the cooking. Cook for 5 minutes less than the time indicated on the package (in my case, 15 minutes, so 10). Drain with a slotted spoon and place them next to each other on the sauce in the baking dish.
- Fill each dough with filling and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Add a few pine nuts on top for decoration.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until everything is well browned.