I don’t know about you, but I have a few of my modes in the kitchen… let me explain, when I like something, I’ll do it again in different variants for 6 months, and then I’ll move on to something else. Well, ben this year, my dessert of the summer, it was the Pavlova ! I had already presented in its original version and here, here is a little more sophisticated. But even if the recipe is long (in text), don’t worry it is quick to make and really not complicated.
To return to the recipes that I make constantly this summer, in salt, it was the lebanese tabbouleh and last year the bo bun…
And you, do you have any recipes would prefer that you do and repeat, or I’m the only one in this case !?!
Pavlova with the lemon curd and caramelized pineapple
For 6 Save Print Ingredients
- FOR THE MERINGUE
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour (Maïzena)
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 10 cl whole cream cold
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour (Maïzena)
- 1/2 pineapple
- 20 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract
- Preheat to 150°.
- Place all the egg whites and vinegar in a bowl and beat using an electric mixer. Add the sugar, vanilla and cornflour, and mix well. To verify that it is ready, invert the bowl, the mixture should stay in the bowl, and be smooth.
- Once the mixture is ready, place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Form a nest quite thick on parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 110° and let it cook for 55 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, turn off oven and without opening it, allow at least 30 minutes in the oven. Remove from oven and reserve at room temperature.
- For topping the pavlova, make a lemon curd.
- Wash the lemons, squeeze and ‘zestez -’, put them together in a saucepan. Pour the sugar and the Cornstarch while stirring, and heat over low heat.
- Beat the egg in a separate container. Once beaten, add the juice while stirring.
- Leave to simmer and continue to stir using a whisk. The mixture should slowly start to thicken.
- Be careful to always stir when the egg is added, because the lemon cream could attach ! When the curd is thick, remove from fire and let it cool. Book.
- Slice the pineapple into small pieces and sauté them in a pan with the butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and vanilla and allow to caramelize while stirring.
- To finish off, in a container pre-cooled, whip the cream cold and make a whipped cream. When it is ready, mix in the lemon curd.
- Then place the cream mixture and the lemon curd on the meringue of the pavlova and then add the pineapple and caramelized.
And lo and behold, the Pavlova with the lemon curd and caramelized pineapple is ready to serve…