Pears, almonds and eggs, here are the ingredients he had to use and put forward to the third part of the Challenge of Cyril (Lignac, of course !). So I fell for a pavlova pear (yes I am weak, it is my favourite dessert !) with whipped cream in the bitter almond and the salted butter caramel, all the colours of the fall. All I can say is that this is the pavlova, the most gourmet I’ve made to this day and I have to say that the combination of pear and almond is certainly a association expected but nonetheless perfect ! This pavlova is for 6 people but I have to say that we have eaten two, but not all at once, we’ve made the fun last !!!
If I have you convinced (and I hope so !), so I invite you to come and vote right here for my recipe (thank you, thank you and thank you again !!!).
Pavlova, pear, almond and caramel with salted butter
For 6 people Save Print Ingredients
- 6 pears
- 80 cl of water
- 150 g cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g flaked almonds-roasted
- FOR THE PAVLOVA
- 3 egg whites
- 90 g of sugar
- 90 g of icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 25 cl of whipping cream
- 10 g of icing sugar
- 4 drops of bitter almond extract
- FOR THE CARAMEL
- 50 g of sugar
- 5 cl of liquid cream
- 15 g of salted butter
- 1 g of fleur de sel
- Prepare the pears for this, split the vanilla pods in the length and scrape out the grains.
- In a saucepan, heat the water, sugar and vanilla. Peel the pears and then place in the syrup and let cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes. Book the pears out of the syrup.
- Prepare the caramel by heating the sugar dry in a saucepan. In parallel, boil the cream and then add the out of the fire in the caramel when it reaches a golden color and stir with a whisk. Finish by folding in the butter and fleur de sel. Book.
- Preheat the oven to 90°.
- For the pavlova, mount the egg whites with the pinch of salt and then add the powdered sugar three times, continuing to whisk. Then add the icing sugar and stir with a spatula. Put the meringue into a piping bag. Pochez the pavlova in first forming a thick circle and then shape the edges back to the top with the pastry.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Make the chantilly cream by whipping the whipping cream well chilled and then incorporating the sugar and the bitter almond continuing to whisk so that it is firm. Put in a piping bag.
- Assemble the pavlova, pocketing the whipped cream into balls in the center of the meringue and arrange over the pears. Pour finally the caramel over the pears and add the slivered almonds.