The pavlova, here is a dessert very delicate, absolutely delicious, to enjoy at any time of the year, while varying the fruit. This time, I made a pavlova with strawberries, a real treat and then all done for the season ! It is a dessert that I had discovered a few years ago in England, when I was working in a summer job at a hotel in Dorset and which is finally beginning to become fashionable among us. I see it more and more to the map of some restaurants, including a new address at the top of Grenoble…
Whatever it is, I thought it was super complicated to do, but not at all ! You need a beautiful meringue simple to achieve, whipped cream and good fruits, especially red… That’s all ! Pavlova dessert.
6 Save Print
Preparation time 1 hr 20 min
Cooking time 1 hr
- FOR THE MERINGUE
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Cornflour
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 20 cl whole cream chilled
- 50 g of icing sugar
- zest of one untreated lemon or bio
- 1 bowl of strawberries
- Pre-heat to 110°.
- Place all the egg whites and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor and beat using a whisk. Add gradually the sugar and the cornstarch, and whisk well. To verify that the meringue is ready, turn the bowl, the mixture should stay in the bowl and be smooth.
- Once the mixture is ready, place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Form a nest quite thick on the parchment paper and give it the form want. Here, I noted the edges with the back of a small spoon.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 1 hour without opening the oven.
- At the end of the cooking time, turn off the oven and leave for 1 hour inside, still without opening it.
- Remove from oven and reserve at room temperature.
- For topping the pavlova, whip the cream (previously cooled) and then stir in the icing sugar and the zest of the lemon. At the time of serving, spread the cream over the meringue and then sprinkle with strawberries.
Pavlova dessert. I’d also like to take this pavlova, strawberry for you set the link to a little report that was done on my home and my kitchen by Ivy, last December. She is making love to the discovery of the kitchens of each and our relationship with it. She shares all of this on his blog : Inside Kitchen Project. It declines each portrait in 3 steps.