I think the pear is one of my favorite fruit and I love it in all its forms, sorbet, compote, cake, but also belle-hélène… So this time, it is version of pear poached in Earl Grey tea and spices that we have tasted super fruit. Yes, because I also love this black tea, scented with bergamot… Mmmmhh !
There is nothing complicated in this dessert with small biscuits, it is a treat. And as I was prepared not bad, I have réutilisais 3 of my pears in a dessert of which I speak to you soon, this is the next recipe, just let me the time that I wrote… ��
Pear poached in Earl Grey tea and spices
For 4 Save Print Ingredients
- 4 pears, not too ripe
- 500 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea (or 2 bags)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Boil the water with the brown sugar in a large saucepan to dissolve it.
- Once the water is boiling add the tea off the heat and let infused for 4 minutes.
- Remove the tea.
- Scrape the vanilla bean into the saucepan and add the cinnamon.
- Peel the pears and drop into the pan. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover the pan with aluminum foil or other by making a hole in the middle.
- Leave to cool for at least two hours at room temperature.
- If you want, you can refrigerate before serving.
- Enjoy the pears with their syrup.